Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Library Thing Group

Hey, I found a group of Graduate Students on The Library Thing who are discussing their degrees and goals. Here's my entry into the group...

If "non-traditional aged student" means someone who is categorized as "boomer-aged" then I guess I am one, too! I will be starting the M.A. program at New Mexico State University in May by taking part in the Kipp Ruins Graduate Field School. If all goes well, I will earn a Masters in Anthropology with a focus on Southwestern Anthropology and Archaeology.My original goal was to go after the Ph.D., but after thinking through my goals of working in Cultural Resource preservation, and teaching, I realized that I could reach them satisfactorily with the M.A.; and I wouldn't have to remain in college for the rest of my natural life :)As a side note, one of the reasons I chose a much smaller university for my graduate studies (my B.A. was earned at the University of Washington, Seattle) was to lessen the turmoil of having to deal with the politics and impersonal-ness of the large school.

No comments:

Indian Country

[in progress]

Archeology News feed

ScienceDaily: Latest Science News